Sunday, December 11, 2011

A St. George Thanksgiving

This year we headed South for Thanksgiving!
The Smiths rented a gorgeous home where we got to spend the week and have a ridiculous amount of fun.

It's always hard for me to think about things I'm grateful for. Not because I'm not grateful for anything, but because I feel like I'm grateful for everything. Know what I mean? So, after much thought...and fun...here are some things that I am grateful for:


GRANDPARENTS:
My girls are extremely lucky to have two sets of Grandparents that love them, play with them, cheer for them, and teach them. We are so grateful for them!


WATER:
The house in St. George had a great pool that we spent lots of time in. My girls and I are huge fans of water. If there is water around, we probably want to go in it. And we are grateful for Chad and his willingness to get wet with his girls, even though he might not have the same affection for water.


ACTIVITIES:
My girls like to keep busy and this rental house was perfect for them! There was always something to fun to be doing. Karli's favorite activity was the playhouse complete with a kitchen, couch, dress-ups, and all. Ashley's favorite was the game cupboard downstairs.

THE INTERNET:
We made lots of yummy Thanksgiving treats and crafts thanks to the creativity of people on the world wide web. I love feeling like I have a million creative friends that can teach me just about anything. I think these Oreo Turkeys, from Our Best Bites, were the favorite treats! Karli and Tucker kept talking about how they wanted to eat turkey! We were so surprised, until we realized they wanted to eat these treats, not the actual turkey. Sounds about right!

NAP-TIME:
I love my kids. LOVE THEM! But, it was nice to sit down and eat Thanksgiving dinner while they were warm and cozy in their beds! We had an amazing dinner and fun conversation! I enjoy the peace that nap-time brings each day:)

TRADITIONS:
I love a good tradition! And Karli is starting to catch on. When we don't see the Smiths for Christmas, we will have a "Pretend Christmas" at Thanksgiving. We were spoiled with lots of fun gifts that we are very grateful for!


BUT MOST OF ALL...
I am so grateful for my family!
Chad is a great Dad and takes such good care of us.
Karli is such a sweet and kind big sister.
Ashley is crazy and likes to make us laugh.
I just love these people!

0 comments: