Monday, October 10, 2011

The North Pole is in Colorado!

In September, we headed off to Colorado!

Karli had her stickers:
Ashley had her marker, pan, and straw...we were set!
Grandma and Grandpa Smith took us to the North Pole! Chad has been telling me about this place since we were dating. I never really understood what was so cool about it. Now, I do! It is a mini theme park hidden up in the mountains just for kids! It reminded me of a place called Pixie Play Land that I grew up near. I love that the theme of this park is "The North Pole." Even though we went in September, you could still feel the Christmas spirit! I can't even imagine how cool it would be in December.

Right as we walked in, Santa greeted us, but Karli wanted nothing to do with him. In fact, she didn't even want to go sit on his lap when we went to see him at his house later. Oh well, I guess he won't know what she wants for Christmas.
One of my favorite parts about the North Pole was that they actually have a big, frozen pole made of ice that is the "North Pole"! I think everyone had tried to explain this to me, but obviously I didn't get it! It was pretty neat to be able to touch the North Pole on a hot day! Ashley and Karli LOVED feeling the cool ice.
Karli insisted on rubbing her bum on the pole and saying, "I'm rubbing my bum on the North Pole...hahahaha!"
They have TONS of rides at the North Pole. What I love about kids rides is that they are all basically the same ride with a slight variation from ride to ride. Some go up, some go down. Some go fast, some go slow. Some you're on the ground, some you're in the air. Some you're in a car, some you're in a boat. But, all are basically the same ride, and Karli couldn't care less. She loved them all!

Some she rode by herself:
Some she rode with Grandma:
Some she rode with Dad:
And some she rode with new-found friends:
The picture above is one of my favorites because Karli was the last child (out of 3 total) to board the ride. Instead of picking one of the other 50 seats available, she wanted to sit right next to this girl and be her friend. What can I say? Karli is a social butterfly. The girls had a good ride together...I think the other little girl was okay with it?!

Even Ashley got to ride the Merry-Go-Round by herself! Go Ash!

Thank you for taking us to the North Pole, Grandma and Grandpa! We had so much fun. Can't wait to go at Christmastime!

0 comments: