Sunday, October 9, 2011

Karli's 1st Day of Preschool

I am a dorky mom!

I literally couldn't sleep the night before Karli started preschool. We laid out her outfit, her bow, her backpack, and her shoes the night before school. We've been talking for weeks about preschool. We were both mentally preparing ourselves, but still I laid awake worrying.

My thoughts went a little something like this:
"What should I make her for breakfast? It needs to be special, but also energizing- She's got a full day ahead of her. Wait, take a chill pill, it's only preschool and she'll only be gone for 2.5 hours. I hope she has fun. I know she will. What if she doesn't and she'll hate school for the rest of her life? What if she is mean to someone? What if someone is mean to her? Ah, I think I want to make a different bow, maybe one a little lower-key. No, that's silly, the one she picked is perfectly fine. I'm going to miss her. What am I going to do in the morning without her? I've got tons to do. I should try to fall asleep. Oh wait--I forgot--what should I make her for breakfast?"

First day of school shot:
This is the breakfast she chose in the morning:
Washing her hands after breakfast, getting ready to head out:
Yes, the whole family was involved in the 1st day of school. I can't remember if I persuaded Chad to come with us, or if he volunteered. Either way, he's a great Dad.
There she goes! She was so confident and excited and gave me a hug and a kiss and off she went with Ms. Meghan. But of course, I followed her in.
When she arrived, Ms. Nicole gave her a big hug! What a perfect way to start a school day!
Then Ms. Nicole, Lydia and Samantha helped Karli check in...
and hang up her backpack:
Then Brighton arrived and she got to help Brighton hang up her backpack!

Then we left and let Karli be the big girl that she is.
Chad went to work.
Ashley took a nap.
And I got some things done.
Ashley and I left a little early to go pick her up a special treat!
Nothing says "Happy 1st Day of Preschool" like a cream slush from Sonic!

So proud of you, Karli!

0 comments: