Monday, June 15, 2009

One

Here are a few new things Karli is enjoying at age one:

WALKING BACKWARDS- I think she mastered this while trying to back away from her cousins so they wouldn't take her toys. She does it all day long.

GOING DOWN THE STAIRS- She's been able to do this for a while... but she started her own little twist a few weeks ago. She knows that she needs to get onto her belly before she backs down the stairs, so she started planning ahead. She will drop down about 6 feet before the stairs begin and crawl backwards until she gets to the stairs. Pretty hilarious! You can't blame a girl for planning ahead.

FOLDING HER ARMS- She folded her arms for the first time all by herself a few weeks ago. She got such a great reaction, she likes to do it before every meal.

GIVING KISSES- She recently learned to make the kissing noise and likes to give big hugs and kisses.

WAVING- Karli won't stop waving. While boarding the plane. I'm pretty sure Karli waved to each and every person. Most people laughed, a few smiled, and some had no reaction... whatever. She always keeps the people behind us at church entertained with her "pageant wave."

DRINKING WITH A STRAW- Karli picked this new skill up at the mall in Texas. I was letting her play with my straw, when I saw Diet Coke start creeping up. I switched to lemonade and watched her gulp for about thirty seconds. I think she thought that if she stopped drinking it would go away, she soon realized that she could take a breath and come back to it. Smart girl.

BEING GIRLY- Necklaces, bracelets, nail polish, brushing hair, makeup. You name it, she likes it.

Here are a few pictures (and titles) from her one year photo shoot. Thanks Kristi! You are the best!

"Lounging"

"Surprise"

"Purpose of Life"

"Calm Before the Storm"

"For You"

2 comments:

Robin said...

Holy Cow she is a doll! I can't wait to see her this weekend! thanks for taking care of Noah.

Holly said...

Sorry--I thought I was caught up on your blog, but apparently not. These are some cute, funny posts! Karli is so fun! I would like to see her "preparing" to go down the stairs and walk backwards...hopefully we'll get to see you guys this weekend!