Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Three Hours of My Life I Will Never Get Back!"

Actually, make that 12 hours of my life I will never get back.  I can't believe I'm really writing about this, but I must explain why I'll never watch this show again.  

I enjoy having a show to look forward to every week, and for the past 10 weeks or so, I've been excited every Monday night to watch The Bachelor (It counts as Family Home Evening if Chad watches it with me, right?).  I've never really been a huge fan, but I got sucked in, and seemingly, so did everyone else.  

I don't think I've ever been so annoyed after watching anything on TV, until last night.  It was the season finale, I was excited.  Who's he going to pick?  "Please be Melissa, Please be Melissa, Please be Melissa!" I don't like Molly, and I can't really articulate why, but I just got a bad vibe from her (through the magical world of television, of course). Following are some pictures from the show, and my thoughts ... which I yelled out for Chad to hear as he was trying NOT to watch The Bachelor.

"Haha, better luck next time, Molly!"

"Yes! Good choice, I'm so happy!"


"Wait ... what?  Jason sucks.  I'm never watching this stupid show again.  And I didn't even like that ring in the first place."


"Poor Melissa, she's better than him anyway, I hope she gets to be the next Bachelorette."


"I'm turning this off ... I'm never watching this again."

5 comments:

Holly said...

I was tempted to do a post like this too. I was so mad last night, and I will never watch the Bachelor again! Now I'm even more embarrassed that I got addicted to it.

Alison said...

amen sister! you said it all! i don't like molly either and i don't know why either!! isn't that weird? jason is lame and tried to play it off as a "nice guy" which i totally fell for, but now he is a total jerk!

Chad said...

Get a Life, Sucker!

Mitzi Mae said...

Okay, so I may have less of a life than the rest of you, because, I technically did some research about this whole thing--and, some of the producers of the show have talked about how it was all a set up. Apparently he liked molly more from the beginning, but he agreed with the producers to pick Melissa so they could have a more dramatic ending. Which makes me think Jason sucks. AND, there is a rumor, which I am checking on, that the bachelor sent molly to Seattle every other weekend he wasn't with Melissa. WHAT? Which means he lied on national TV. SCUM.

A girl in my ward works with molly as a buyer, and apparently she is really nice and everyone loves her, but, from what we saw on TV, I agree--I was rooting for Melissa all the way (baby voice and everything).

I'm glad to see that my friends were equally sucked in, and I'm guessing, equally embarrassed :)

I miss you and think I need to meet Karli one of these days!

Lexi said...

Molly is so wierd!
my dad and i make fun of her perauhna teeth!!