Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Hope...


It's finally over.  I hope that doesn't sound unpatriotic of me, but that's how I feel.  I consider myself a well-informed and active participant in our political system. But, in the past few weeks, I've felt the need to get as far away from the campaigns as possible.  This election didn't turn out the way I would have liked, but I felt that coming.  Barack Obama is the new President of the United states and I can accept that.  I HOPE that he can bring about "change" and encourage citizens to make this country the best it can be.  Last night I was thinking to myself about what I hope for this country, my family, and most of all...Karli. Here are some of my thoughts.

I hope she will be proud to be an American
I hope she will strive to succeed in life and not expect the government to take care of her
I hope she will be allowed freedom of religion
I hope she will understand the importance of preserving the family 
I hope she will understand the divinity of EVERY human life
I hope she will understand the value of hard work
I hope she will value education
I hope she will understand the difference between acceptance and tolerance

I hope she won't be punished for working hard
I hope she won't be mocked for her beliefs
I hope she won't expect others to pick up the tab for her

Let's hope.

0 comments: