Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A "Cold" Day in September

No. I'm not talking about the weather.  When I retired from teaching, I was looking forward to skipping my annual September cold.  As soon as the kids stepped in the classroom, so did the germs, and I usually get a cold around the second week of September.  This year, it's just me and Karli and we spend most of our day at home, where I thought my annual cold wouldn't find me.  Alas, it found me and I have my first cold as a mom, unless you count the 5 colds I had while pregnant, yes, 5!  The worst of my five came two days before Karli was born and I couldn't stop sneezing and blowing my nose while in labor (yeah, you try sneezing with an epidural, not too fun!). Then for the first two weeks, I couldn't even smell Karli's new baby smell. Sad story.  Well, I'm hoping this won't last too long.  Any tips on how to keep Karli safe from the annual cold?

1 comments:

Holly said...

You are sick on your birthday--how sad! I'm so sorry!