Monday, October 28, 2013

Vegas!

While Grandma Smith & Grandma Susan were in town, we were able to sneak away to Vegas for a few days!  Don't judge us, we love Vegas!  The sun, the pool, the food, the people watching, the shopping.  Love it all.

I think I sat by the pool and read for 5 hours straight the first day.
No one called me "Mom."
No one needed me to take them to the bathroom.
No one needed me to get them a snack.
No one needed me to hold them.
 No one even talked to me.
I'm not going to lie, it was pretty awesome.

While I enjoyed the sun, Chad enjoyed the cable... and a nap.
That night we ate at a Mob Themed Italian Restaurant.
Holy cow, it was amazing!
We will definitely be going back next time we are in Vegas.

We also enjoyed walking the Strip, and Downtown Vegas, as usual.

On our last morning, we went to The Hash House A Go-Go for breakfast.
Again.  Holy cow, it was amazing.
I got the Bananas Foster French toast.  Soooo good.  
One of those things that you eat at a restaurant and then immediately go home and try to replicate.
 Chad got a waffle that was stuffed with bacon.
Sounds like his kind of waffle for sure!
Karli loves bacon.  We will have to bring her here sometime :)


 While we were away, the Grandma's kept us updated with picture texts.
We knew they were in good hands!

 We loved receiving this picture:
In the middle of the day, at the park, wearing her jammies, eating an E.L. Fudge.
Grandmas are the best!

Thank you for taking such good care of our girls!  

We sure enjoyed the break.  But I couldn't wait to hold my girls.
Truth be told, when we pulled up, the girls shouted "Daddy, Daddy!!!"
Wa Waaaa.

0 comments: